1503 2BS Gold is a rarity in Australian Commercial Radio. Since 1969 Bathurst Broadcasters has been locally owned and operated by Ron and Stephanie Camplin
who live at the top of William Street in Bathurst and who are very much hands on in the day to day operation of the company.
Winner of 63 Commercial Radio Awards in the past 21 years, 2BS is an adult contemporary talk radio station, whose announcers are personalities informing and entertaining listeners in Bathurst, Blayney, Oberon and surrounds.
With a core audience made up of listeners 25 years plus, 2BS is the focal point of area community and promotional activities. Community service in the form of live and recorded community service announcements, and lost and found announcements very much define who we are.
2BS features a gold music format along with comprehensive Local and National News.
* 2BS began broadcasting in Bathurst on the 1st of January 1937.
* 2BS joined the International Broadcasters Idea Bank in 1964.
* After several years of ownership and a change to the 2BS transmission site at Eglinton, Sir Frank Packer sold 2BS to Ron Camplin in 1969.
* 2BS's supplimentary licence, 99.3 B-Rock FM began broadcasting on the 2nd of December 1996.
* 2BS and B-Rock have won 63 Commercial Radio Australia Awards since 1989. This year 2BS and B-Rock won Awards for Best On Air Team, Best Talk Program Producer and Best Talk Presenter.
* Ron Camplin has been in the radio industry for 60 years. Ron was awarded an "OAM" Order of Australia for services to Commercial Broadcasting and the Local Community in 1995. Ron was the recipient of the 12th "Radio Achievement Award" for his tenacity in pursuing FM licences for regional areas throughout Australia and he was inducted into the Commercial Radio Australia "Hall Of Fame" in 2002.
* Bathurst Regional Council named and presented its new and prestigious "Ron Camplin Award" to Ron Camplin in August 2008.
* Bathurst Broadcasters is one of the few remaining locally owned and operated broadcast operations in Australia.