4CRB 89.3 FM is a Community Radio Station, registered as the Gold Coast Christian & Community Broadcasting Association. As a Community Station, 4CRB has a
Special Purpose of License to upkeep.
The Special Purpose of the Licence of 4CRB
* The Special Purpose of the licence will be category C Type Public Broadcasting and in particular:
* To provide an altertive broadcasting service.
* A broadcasting service which compliments and supplements existing radio services in this area.
* To broadcast music such as fine orchestral, classical, opera, jazz, gospel or sacred music, songs and compositions of ethnic origin, country music, children's, plus music known as middle of the road.
* To comply with the Minister's Statement to the House of Representatives on 5th April 1978, when speaking about the operations of the proposed community stations.
4CRB is restricted in the manner in which funds can be raised, and relies on Community Support in the form of Subscriptions, and business Sponsorship.
4CRB's Members and Subscribers number over 4000, and participate each year in a week long Radiothon, an Appeal, featuring Competitions, Request Programs, etc.
Sponsorship with 4CRB is limited to airtime of five minutes per hour.
For further information regarding sales, rate cards, statistics etc, contact our sales department.
Volunteers form the backbone of 4CRB, from the Board of Directors, to the people that perform the many varied tasks that eble 4CRB to broadcast successfully. The small group of permanent staff, are backed up by volunteer Announcers, Program Committee Members, a Production Team, an Accounting and Administration group, and many others that volunteer time to perform tasks too varied to categorise