KEAO - FM 91.5 - Wailuku, HI

Save this radio to your Streema Favorites

Live from Wailuku, Maui

Ads by Google AdSense

KEAO Info

OUR MISSION: To inform, educate, and entertain the Maui community with radio broadcasts of multi-cultural and community-related programming, with special emphasis on the interests and needs of older adults. OUR GOALS: * Spread cultural awareness and understanding through locally produced educational vignettes * Showcase local musicians, singers, songwriters, authors, and ... See more hors, and various other artists * Provide accurate and timely reports on the news of the day, both local and worldwide * Expose the audience to a broad range of music, including ethnic and other forms not considered commercially viable * Foster public participation in an ongoing forum for opinions on local issues and concerns Barry Shannon & Kathy CollinsOUR FORMAT: Cultural education will be the primary focus of our broadcast programming. Virtually all social issues in Hawai‘i are heavily influenced or affected by the unique multiculturalism of this state. We plan to use traditional as well as contemporary music of Hawai'i's major ethnic groups including (but certainly not limited to) Japanese, Filipino, Chinese, and Hawaiian to further the community's understanding of the culture, history, and social perspectives of each of these groups. Education through music will also extend to regular broadcasts of classical, jazz, and modern classic (e.g. "Big Band") music hosted by experts in those areas. We anticipate our musical programming (music plus knowledgeable analyses and interpretations, including lectures and other oral presentations illustrated or punctuated by musical examples) to comprise approximately 80% of broadcast time. video_200 Of the remaining 20%, more than half of the broadcast time will include actual instructional material, i.e. lessons in Hawaiian language, health and wellness information for senior citizens, Hawaiian history, etc. The remainder of the broadcast schedule (8%) will be filled by news and public service announcements, both of which may be considered educational. Incidentally, mana'o is a Hawaiian word which means thought, idea, opinion, theory, meaning, mind; to think, suppose, meditate, deem, consider. It is one of many non-English words used frequently in Hawai'i, often in the phrase sharing mana'o, or the exchange of thoughts, feelings, and expertise. Pre-contact Hawaiians had no written language; knowledge was passed through the oral tradition of sharing mana‘o. We chose the name Mana'o Radio because we see this station as a modern extension of this tradition; an opportunity to educate the community through multicultural sharing. In other words…MAUI ECLECTIC!

Visit the Radio's website Wikipedia

Classical Eclectic Jazz FM 91.5 24Kbps English

Wall

Guest

Guest

Manao Radio streamin!

May 11, 2012, 12:52 p.m. GMT

Guest

Guest

I'm not hearing anything. I know I'm missing some awesome tune.

Jan. 17, 2012, 1:24 a.m. GMT

Guest

Guest

Aloha From Maui Mana'o Radio KEAO_LP 91.5 FM Maui Cocoland Sunrise Radio Show Monday & Friday 6am to 8 am Hawaii Time Cocoland Jazz Radio Show Monday & Friday 8am to 10am Hawaii Time www.manaoradio.com to listen NOW Studio Phone 808-244-2032 http://www.facebook.com/robbierayjazz manaoradio.co see more... m STREAM ADDRESS http://64.62.252.134:4040/listen.pls

Nov. 16, 2011, 7:24 a.m. GMT

streema-team

Streema Team

You should listen to KEAO right now. It's a Eclectic radio station from Wailuku, HI, United States.

April 24, 2010, 3:24 a.m. GMT

Reviews - Rate this station:

No reviews yet. Be the first to post one

Sign Up for Streema

If you want to save the KEAO live stream, start sharing stations with friends, or engage in a deeper Streema experience, please sign up below.

By clicking Sign up, you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Streema Mobile

We've developed a mobile website for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and Android devices. Native apps coming soon!

You can check it out by visiting our mobile radio site from your phone or tablet's mobile browser - it's free, no download required.

For more information go to our Mobile Support .

In other languages

See this page in French: Ecouter KEAO en ligne

Playlist, tracklist, top songs played coming soon...

PC requires Windows Media Player - Mac additionally requires Real Player - See FAQs for more info on how to listen to live streaming radio.