WRTI Classical - Philadelphia, PA

Save this radio to your Streema Favorites

Your Classical and Jazz Station

Ads by Google AdSense

WRTI Classical Info


Get the live Radio Widget

2/5 based on 1 review. Rate this station

127 Tune Ins

Mission * The mission of WRTI public radio is to broadcast both classical music and jazz, and produce innovative, entertaining, and informative content that enriches the lives of our audience and the cultural life of Philadelphia and the tri-state region. WRTI: An Overview * WRTI was founded in 1948 as ... See more in 1948 as a campus-limited AM radio station at Temple University. The station was originally intended to be a student laboratory, and its call letters - RTI - stand for "Radio Technical Institute." * In 1953, WRTI became a licensed FM radio station operating at 10 watts from Temple University's main campus in Philadelphia. * WRTI adopted an all-jazz format in 1969. * In 1989, WRTI's antenna was relocated to a higher tower in Roxborough at increased power which resulted in WRTI operating as a 50 kW class B facility. * Starting in the late '80s, WRTI began an expansion program that is still in progress. Since then, repeater stations WJAZ, WRTQ, WRTX, WRTL, and WRTY, along with six translators, have been constructed, all of which extend coverage of the network into central and northeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. Although the network includes multiple stations and translators, it is often referred to colloquially as WRTI, the network's flagship station. * In 1997, WRTI split its programming format to include classical music during the day and jazz at night after Philadelphia's classical music radio station, WFLN, was sold. Since these two musical art forms joined forces, WRTI has seen its ratings and audience share rise dramatically. The station has become one of the top-rated public radio stations in the area and in the nation. * Over 391,000 listeners tune to WRTI each week, or listen online via our two full-time web streams. * WRTI is a member-supported, public radio station with over 21,000 active members. Active members of WRTI have made financial contributions to the station in the last 12 months. Our annual operating budget is $4.3 million. * Over 80% of our operating budget comes from community support, including members and sponsors - both corporate and cultural sponsors. The remaining 20% is received through grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and Temple University. * Our broadcast signal in Pennsylvania extends west to Harrisburg and north to Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. We reach listeners as far south as Dover, DE and at the shore in Atlantic City, N.J. Many listeners tune in to hear WRTI's mix of classical music and jazz live via the Internet.

Visit the Radio's website Wikipedia

Classical Web 128Kbps English
Contact: programming@wrti.org




i am not hearing the wonderful music as well as i should on 90.3/90.5 this upsets me i am a member and rely on the comfort of your music jackie charlton york pa

July 29, 2013, 2:34 p.m. GMT




June 5, 2013, 11:17 p.m. GMT



Could you kindly let me know the name of the piece and composer of the lively scherzo played at about 2pm Wed.7/25 (yesterday)...regular listener since you were WFLN-FM, and no doubt behind on my contribution to your fine station...please also send contribution info to: JOHN W. FOX, 32 MOHAVE DR. GA see more... LLOWAY, NJ 08205....Thank you.

July 26, 2012, 9:53 p.m. GMT



Please play my favorite classical clarinet-orchestra OK-DREAMBAND. CD "Clarinet-Dreams" is available for download (iTunes, amazon....). My favorite track is "Dreambay-Serenade".

March 16, 2012, 6:56 a.m. GMT



slimane from philadelphia

May 11, 2011, 4:06 a.m. GMT


Streema Team

Explore Classical tracks from Philadelphia, PA, United States by tuning in WRTI Classical.

April 26, 2010, 1:07 a.m. GMT

Reviews - Rate this station:


Too much talk inn the morning. Boo sports, too! Jill in the afternoon has been playing easy-listening for years. Go play with you harp, Jill.

Sign Up for Streema

If you want to save the WRTI Classical live stream, start sharing stations with friends, or engage in a deeper Streema experience, please sign up below.

By clicking Sign up, you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Streema Mobile

We've developed a mobile website for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and Android devices. Native apps coming soon!

You can check it out by visiting our mobile radio site from your phone or tablet's mobile browser - it's free, no download required.

For more information go to our Mobile Support .

In other languages

See this page in French: Ecouter WRTI Classical en ligne

See this page in Deutsch: Siegle WRTI Classical online

Playlist, tracklist, top songs played coming soon...

PC requires Windows Media Player - Mac additionally requires Real Player - See FAQs for more info on how to listen to live streaming radio.