The AccuRadio story AccuRadio is a multichannel Internet radio station specifically designed to showcase the potential of the exciting new medium of Internet radio! AccuRadio
is also the first multichannel Internet radio station designed specifically for adults with sophisticated musical tastes.
We currently reach over 400,000 unique listeners per month (and up to 1,000,000 unique listeners per month during the Christmas season) with an audience of as many 14,000 simultaneous listeners on weekdays during business hours (Internet radio's "prime time").
AccuRadio's audience is approximately 60/40 male/female and almost equally divided between the 25-34, 35-44, and 45-54 age groups, with an average age of 41.* (More details available here.)
AccuRadio supports musicians and labels
AccuRadio has been carefully constructed to help record companies and recording artists sell records:
* (1) We give exposure and airplay to numerous genres of music and hundreds of artists that virtually never receive broadcast radio airplay.
* (2) We constantly display the title and artist and album name for the song that's playing.
* (3) We display the CD covers of the last three songs we've played, with each cover linking to the appropriate Amazon page for purchasing that CD.
* (4) We sell almost $40,000 worth of CDs per month via our Amazon links, and, according to our listener surveys, directly influence the sales of $200,000 to $400,000 more from other retailers.*
* (5) We stream at 32 kbps, which makes for a good-sounding Internet radio station but is not quite a quality level that most consumers feel is a substitute for CD ownership.
* (6) We are always happy to work with record labels to help promote new releases (as we have done with Sony Music, WB Records, Angel/EMI, and Bloodshoot Records), including promoting those releases to our 600,000-person mailing list. ("Promo ideas" page here.)
We are fully licensed by ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and SoundExchange/RIAA.
*Source: AccuRadio listener survey, April 2004
65 E. Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 284-2444
Having technical problems?
Check out our FAQ.
If it doesn't help, please write firstname.lastname@example.org
Founder/CEO: Kurt Hanson
EVP/Programming: Paul Maloney
Lead Developer: Ralph Sledge
Business Affairs: Michael Zimmerman
AccuRadio direct sales:
Kurt Hanson (banners, radio spots, gateways, custom channels):
Net Radio Sales (radio spots & gateways): Jennifer Lane
Winstar/Interep Interactive (banners & sponsorships):
VIZI Media Advertising (banners & sponsorships):
(email@example.com; 1-212-777-3527 x 316 )