Mission Guided by your aspirations, WSKG serves to inspire with the highest quality educational programming, explore the arts, culture and heritage of the region and
beyond, engage in thoughtful consideration of news and issues of importance, and entertain with the very best in multimedia programming.
WSKG: striving to be your trusted partner, enriching the lives of the people and communities we serve.
At WSKG we strongly value:
· Diversity: in opinion, thought and culture;
· Creativity and Innovation: in thinking, programming, and content development;
· Integrity: in how we conduct our business, in the programming we create;
· Courage: to be different, accept failure, to take a stand;
· Transparency: to open the activities of the station to public inquiry;
· Accountability: in all our actions;
· Open Mindedness: in how we approach issues and opinions;
· Responsiveness: to community interests, needs and new ideas.
These values help us to clearly define our mission as an organization serving our community.
Content and Services:
· Goal 1: Provide content and services designed to meet identified community needs and interests.
· Goal 2: Increase local relevance, significance and impact of content and services.
· Goal 3: Provide content and services using current and emerging technologies.
· Goal 4: Build awareness of content and services in the communities we serve.
· Goal 1: Diversify revenue portfolio.
· Goal 2: Increase funding for production of content.
· Goal 3: Build Operating Reserves.
· Goal 4: Develop Business Continuity and Disaster plans.
· Goal 1: Create an organization culture that reflects the WSKG values of Diversity, Creativity, Integrity, Courage, Transparency, Accountability, Open Mindedness, and Responsiveness.
· Goal 2: Develop a culture of fundraising throughout WSKG.
Shows: A Prairie Home Companion, All Things Considered, Car Talk (NPR), Fresh Air (NPR), Living on Earth, NPR's Morning Edition, On the Media, Piano Jazz, Selected Shorts, The Thistle & Shamrock, This American Life, Weekend Edition Saturday, Weekend Edition Sunday, Weekend Radio, Performance Today, World of Opera, Sound and Spirit, With Heart and Voice, Classical Guitar Alive, Pipe Dreams, Folk Sampler, Saint Paul Sunday, Etown, WoodSongs Old-time Radio Hour, Alternative Radio, Capital Connection, Hearing Voices, By Special Invitation, Classical Music, Classical Music through the night, European Jazz Stage, Jazz in Silhouette, Newsmaker Luncheon, NPR Republican National Convention, Out of Bounds, River City Folk, Riverwalk, Sunday Soundscape, WSKG Classical Music, WSKG 's Folk Music
Hosts: Michele Norris, Robert Siegel, Melissa Block, Tom Magliozzi, Ray Magliozzi, Steve Curwood, Bobby Bascomb, Eileen Bolinsky, Renee Montagne, Steve Inskeep, Dorothy Hickson, Carlos Rosado, Richard Knox, Isaiah Sheffer, Ira Glass, Jessica Hopper, Alex Blumberg, Scott Simon, Audie Cornish, Lisa Simeone, Ellen Kushner, Michael Barone, Mike Flynn, Bill Mcglaughlin, Nick Forster, Helen Forster, Dorothy Edwards, Joe Conkwright, Roger Duvall, Valerie Kahler, Steve Rathe: Steve@murraystreet.com, Matthew Long-middleton: Mlm@murraystreet.com, Alexa Lim: Alexa@murraystreet.com, Scott Hollis, Tish Pearlman, Nate Richardson, Tom May, David Holt, Jim Cullum, Sally Spitz, Lynn Yuronich, David Wells, Brian Sickora, Caroline Young, Amy Wielunski, Ken Campbell